The mission of the Service Member, Veteran and Family Assistance Center is to provide a comprehensive host of services to our Service Members, Veterans, Retirees and Families in a supportive environment.
Who is eligible to receive services?
Service Members, Veterans, Retirees and Families of ANY military branch of service.
- Resource Information
- Referrals for community support services
- Referrals for Financial Counseling
- Basic Information on DEERS
- ID Card Services
- Retirement Services
- Transition Assistance
- Survivor Outreach
- Child and Youth Programs
- Financial Counseling and Assistance Information
- Non-Medical Counseling
What is SVFAC assistance?
Assistance may be considered “one stop shopping” for Service Members, Veterans, Retirees and Families. The center is intended to provide assistance to Service Members, Veterans, Retirees and Families through simplifying the process of accessing a variety of available services and support.
- ID Cards/DEERS/TRICARE—Information and assistance in obtaining identification cards and enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Provide information on TRICARE Health and Dental Programs.
- Financial Assistance Information—Includes referrals to local county and state agencies which assist with resolving financial problems.
- Information and Referral—Provide information, resources and referral to various military and civilian agencies which assist with an array of needs.
- Counseling—Includes financial counseling and non-medical counseling services through the Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP, Military OneSource and Joint Family Support Assistance programs (JFSAP).
Hours of Operation
- Center Operations: Monday—Friday (8:00 AM—4:00) PM
- ID Card Services: Walk-in Monday and Wednesdays (0830-1100 & 1300-1530) Appointment Tuesdays Fridays Walk-ins in the morning and appointments in the afternoon
- Transition Assistance Services: Walk-in—Tuesdays and Thursdays, Appointment Only Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Non-Medical and Financial Counseling: Appointment Only (Military OneSource/JFSAP)Call Military OneSource: 1-800-342-9647
|Support Staff||(517) 481-9889 / 9893|
|ID Card / DEERS Services||(517) 481-9872|
|Transition Assistance||(517) 481-9895|
|Survivor Outreach Services||(517) 481-9887|
|Child and Youth Programs||(517) 481-9894|
|Employment Services||(517) 481-7895|
|Military OneSource||(989) 415-9846|
- Civilian employment:Email