The Family Assistance Centers are located throughout state and are organized to provide regional support for Families of geographically dispersed Service Members. The mission of the FAC is to provide information, referral, outreach and support services to Service Members, Families and Veterans regardless of their service component.
Responsibilities and Services
The Family Assistance Centers Specialists will provide assistance on 6 essential services.
- Crisis Interventional and Referral – Specialists are capable of identifying crisis situations such as child neglect/abuse, domestic abuse, danger to self/others and neglect/abuse to a vulnerable adult and provide immediate counseling and assistance to stabilize the situation and refer to appropriate resources for follow up.
- Legal Resource/Information Referral – Specialists will provide referrals for assistance with Wills, Powers of Attorney, Servicemen’s Civil Relief Act and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
- Financial Resource/Information Referral – Specialist will refer clients to various military and civilian agencies, groups and organizations to assist with understanding military pay, budgeting information and assistance with applying for grants and loans during the times of hardship.
- TRICARE Resource/Information Referral – Specialists will assist in coordinating enrollment, claims and issues with the nearest Health Benefits Adviser as well as providing information on health and dental programs and finding local providers.
- ID Cards/DEERS Resource/Information Referral – Specialists will provide information and locations for Family members to obtain an identification card and enroll in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility System (DEERS)
- Community Information and Outreach – Specialists will provide a list of local Community resources to assist with resolving issues such as child care, home repairs, military discount opportunities, employment and benefits/entitlements offered in their geographical area.
The Family Assistance Center Specialists also provide monthly wellness calls to military families affected by deployment/mobilization. These calls ensure our military families have support and resources for resolving issues while the Service Member is away.
Raphael Weaver Email
Family Assistance Center Coordinator